Monday, July 7, 2008

Analysis & Laundry

Dr. Tortue hates doing laundry. It doesn't help that we live far away from the machines. Because of her dislike for laundry, the pile builds up, which makes it heavy, which makes it unpleasant to lug over to the machines, which compounds her dislike for the whole process.

I actually have a strange fondness for the lifting and hauling of heavy things. However, as I sit down to analyze the last month's worth of data, I notice a similar problem for myself. Now, I could analyze every day after I finish with my experiments, but it's really the last thing I want to do after a long day of recording. Really, I just find analysis boring; I usually see the results as the data are coming in, and analysis doesn't reveal anything, it's just tedious. As a result, the data build up, unanalyzed. Eventually, I have to do it, but by then the sheer size of the pile makes it a daunting task. This makes me hate analysis even more.

Of course, I know the cure, but that doesn't equate to doing what I know I should...

No comments: